Planning a party at home is not easy- all the decorations, food and last minute cleaning can be a challenge. This great colored table top alone is enough to amp up the decoration. We can quickly create a center piece with few basic tools that’s already lying around. It’s so simple that you can involve kids, this is a great activity to keep them engaged on a weekend.
What you need:
- Paper – thick enough to paint
- Coloring tool
- Single color bed sheet/ table cloth
- Transparent table cover
- Cut a template of petal and leaf out of paper. You can free hand the pattern.
- Color the petal and leaf. Try shading.
- Fold the colored paper along the middle, inward – will give a 3D effect. For leaf fold along the natural vein.
- Glue together the petal with bigger petals at the back. Alternate the petals. Arrange the petal and finalise position before you glue them.
- Adding black dots in the middle will finish the look.
- Lay this over table cloth/ bed sheet. Finalise on position and lay the transparent sheet on top.
I have used marker for coloring, you can use crayon, water color or any medium.
You can use this for other decorations – wreath, center piece.
Different patterns can be made based on your party theme.